The WCS Climate Adaptation Fund has issued a request for proposals for their annual grant awards. This fund provides a total of $2.5 million in grant awards between $50,000 and $250,000 to conservation non-profit organizations each year.
The fund invests in one to two-year projects that implement science-driven, on-the-ground actions that assist wildlife and ecosystems to adapt to climate change at a landscape scale. Project proposals must:
- Focus on the functionality of ecosystems, rather than conserving individual species.
- Be designed for long-term conservation impact.
- Create the potential for impact at a landscape scale.
- Use strategic, targeted communications activities to amplify adaptation outcomes.
- Be designed with climate adaptation for wildlife and ecosystems as a core goal or outcomes of the work.
- Propose conservation goals and actions that are grounded in the best available science.
- Conduct on-the-ground implementation, not research, planning or tool development.
Pre-proposals are due April 5th. Click here to learn more.