Last fall our Cascadia Partner Forum hosted a 2 day meeting at Manning Park Resort in British Columbia, entitled WildLinks 2013, with the following objectives:
- Re-engage partners throughout Cascadia and connected ecosystems to the progress of the Cascadia Partner Forum, and initiate discussion on the future of this forum;
- Gain local expertise and contribution to North Pacific and Great Northern Landscape Conservation Cooperatives regional planning efforts;
- Share information on adaptation related efforts in the transboundary region that are underway or upcoming to increase coordination and involvement, while providing time and space to further these efforts while we are all together;
- Facilitate an access management dialogue that defines why this cross-discipline issue is related to adaptation planning, how people within Cascadia are addressing it, and identifies priorities for continuing to address the issue;
- Continue building a network of practitioners working on building resiliency into the species and ecosystems of Cascadia and connected ecosystems
Over 70 natural resource practitioners from Washington and British Columbia gathered for this productive meeting, and the proceedings have been summarized by Jon Bepple with the University of British Columbia – Okanagan Campus into a report. Click here to download the report. Thanks to all who participated in the event, and to our event sponsors: Conservation Northwest, North Pacific Landscape Conservation Cooperative, Seattle City Light, Washington Wildlife Habitat Connectivity Working Group, and Wilburforce Foundation.